Taking care of your body is a very important part of life and should become a habit. I enjoy healthy eating and taking care of my body; however it can get expensive. Here are a few ways to get healthy, and not spend a fortune.
1. Inexpensive activewear- workout clothes can get expensive. Walking into a Nike or Under Armour store you can spend over $100 on a single outfit. I love their clothes but I can’t afford to get all of my clothes there. Here are a few of my favorite stores to get great workout clothes for a steal!
- Resale Shops- you can get gently used items for cheap! I often find nike shorts for $10-$12.
- Forever 21
- Old Navy- they have the BEST sales, you can get tops for about $8 during these sales!
- TJ Maxx/ Marshalls- I put these two together because they are connected stores and have basically the same concept. This is probably my favorite place to shop for athletic clothes! You can get name brand clothes for cheap! I really love getting active clothes here! They always have popular brands and the cutest choices! I can usually get anything I want from shorts to compression pants to tops and sports bras all in the $10-20 range. They also have great water bottles, yoga mats, headbands and so much more for under $10!
2. Use free trials- many gyms and studios will offer a free trial or free class to try out their gym! And usually even have discounts for your first couple weeks after your free trial! Take advantage of these. It’s a great way to try out new classes and figure out what you do and don’t like. Use this free app to find and book classes right from your phone!
3. Workout at home- I recently found a few ebooks that I have been using at home and I love it! They aren’t super cheap, but they are a one time purchase and they are yours to keep. I invested in these and I can work out in my bedroom
- Bikini Body Guide- health and fitness eBook…this is a great workout plan and it’ll kick your booty in gear. She has 12 week plans and lots of b=cool blogs on her website! She also shares lots of transformations on her instagram! #DeathByKayla is no joke get it here
- Let’s Start Yoga- I have a serious love for yoga, but don’t always have time to make it to class, but with this book I can do it right from home! One of my new favorite things on my phone! You can find this eBook here
4. Spotify-If you’re anything like me you can’t workout without music…but that can get expensive. With Spotify you can use it as a Radio like Pandora or pay $10/month and get unlimited music all the time. There is even a student discount!
5. Join a gym with free classes- I am a member at the YMCA and I take advantage of their yoga classes frequently and they don’t cost any extra!
6. Student Discount-If you are a student ALWAYS ask if they offer a student discount…if can’t hurt!
1 Corinthians 6:19-20 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are no your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.
Thank you SO much for reading, I truly hope it helps you! Have any other tips? Leave a comment or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org (: see you next time!